Skip to main content

Roses are Red bridal shower


I am always looking for ways to express my creativity, so when my friend Kisha asked me to help decorate a bridal shower she was hosting I think I said "yes" before she could finish asking me! LOL. The theme: Roses are Red and we decided to add touches of sexy and dainty accents with the lace and pearls.


The Bride-To-Be's name is Mahogany so I made a "M" out of silk roses to greet the guess as they come in and signed the guess book.




The beautiful rose topiaries you see here are made from felt circles and I got the inspiration from The Idea Room's Heart Felt Wreath post.  Easy to make but very time consuming. I added pearl corsage pins to the balls to tie in the pearls draping from the glass cylinder that are wrapped in black ace trim.





Glass votive wrapped with black lace over red ribbon. 


I made the rose pens for the guess to use for the bridal shower games.  This craft very was easy to make. Buy  roses, cut steams but leave about 1-2 inches, tape to pen and wrap with floral tape. 



Bought a spool of black lace from Hobby Lobby to use as table runners. "Diamonds" added a little sparkle and flare because they are a girl's best friend.


Small picture clips were purchased at Michael's Crafts stores in the Dollar Section ($1 each). Instead of pictures I clipped love quotes the I had in my scrapbooking supplies and added a 1" square of damask cardstock to the bottom where a picture would usually go.





I didn't create this but I had to show the creativity!

The rosy picture frame was purchased at Michael's, I put black and white damask fabric in the frame with a double heart accent.


\And last but definitely not least the beautiful Bride-To-Be (well now the new Mrs Gould): Mahogany! 

Comments

  1. Everything looks so great! Very fun and creative! Thanks so much for sharing my link! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hollywood Sweet 16!

I love any party theme but the Hollywood theme gets a little more love because you can be as glamorous as you want.  I was tasked with making the rep carpet stanchions and "velvet" ropes and a mini step repeat background for a Sweet 16.                        For the stanchions : concrete, small pie pans for the molds, PCV pipe, caps and sleeves (they might not be called that but you get the point), glitter tape, glitter sealer (it is a must trust me), 7/8" gold cup hooks and a drill to make the holes. For the "velvet" ropes : installation tubes, fleece fabric, red ribbon, and plenty of hot glue 😉                                                                                                                                                 

Beach Theme Wedding Reception

The lovely Mr. & Mrs. Morgan went the destination wedding route and recited their vows on a beautiful sandy beach in Mexico. Then decided to bring the beach (theme) back to the great state of Texas to celebrate with family and friends.  For this beach inspired reception we went with teal, seashells, pearls, candles, burlap and sand decor with shimmery accents.  One of the highlights of the decor was this fabulous gold sequin backdrop with a teal curtain that everyone struck a pose in front of. The beach sand trays, vellum and sequins lampshades, fishing net wrapped mason jars, and hand painted and glittered shells decor were all custom made (by The CGD studio of course). Material list: Sequins Mesh Fabric - Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store Rosebud Embroidered Mesh Fabric- Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store Teal and Gold Nylon Tulle Fabric- Alforal

Sleeping On Clouds (Baby Photography)

There is nothing sweeter or more angelic than a sleeping baby. When my son was a baby I could stare at him for the longest time just admiring his little features and waiting for him to smile on his sleep. Little Miss A'Niya Mecole inspired me to make this scene to photograph her sleeping so angelically. I used her changing table and most materials were purchased from my favorite store  Hobby Lobby : the sky background (bulletin paper), fabrics, flowers, and clouds (pillow stuffing).