We always leave a treat for Santa Claus by the Christmas tree so I thought why not make a cute sign that we can use for years to come.
Very easy to make Christmas project that kids can help with or can make on their own (with adult supervision of course).
• 12x6 piece of wood that I had in my craft supply box but you could use chipboard, wood, even poster board.
• Creative Imagines 12x12 gingerbread scrapbook paper
• Dark brown, red, and white paint
• small wooden men ($1.50 for a pack of 4 at Michael's)
• red letter stickers
• red felt
• red ribbon
• sealer and varnish for wood
• hot glue gun and glue sticks
• *staple gun (optional)
•Apply sealer to wood and gingerbread men, let dry then paint brown. Cut the scrapbook paper 1/2 inch smaller than wood and adhere to board.
• *Use staple gun to attach ribbon to board for hanging (optional) or board could be placed on easel or simply propped on something to display.
•Decorate the "cookies" by covering with glitter, painting faces, or outlining with paint to look like real gingerbread cookies.
•Apply varnish to cookies and around edges of wood.
•Adhere cookies and letters to board.